Wednesday, April 21, 2010

cooking

So I've been frantically busy and then sickness hit.ugh. Back to cooking tonight. It was okay, just okay. BUT with some changes it will be great. Some recipes I try are very very good. Most are good actually. Some are good for what they are and just aren't something I like or would eat. Some are just what it is and that is yuk.ha. But it's still fun! I liked a few parts of tonight's supper a great deal, so I'll build on the rest. Which is what I've been doing, cooking, then taking notes on what to change it to in order for it to be better. So when the year is done I'll have an entire year of yummy recipes. Some will be thrown out of course. But that's life. I am learning new cooking skills. I am learning spices, amounts, weird ingredients I have never heard of and definitely appreciating good cheeses, butters, olive oils, spices and breads!! ALL so much fun to me! I guess I'm a cooking geek. The best part is no one in my house can say 'this for supper again'. AND no one is ever bored it's an adventure every night. So on to tomorrow! Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment