Saturday, March 13, 2010

husbands

I had two experiences this week that made me appreciate my husband more than I already do and I appreciate him quite a bit.

ONE. My friends husband was diagnosed with multiple myleoma. Scary terrifying news. They had NO idea this kind of news was coming their way. It would take me out. I don't ever want to live without my husband. I am so very thankful he is healthy. Even though I am aware of this more often than most people with my best friend and her daughter both being young widows, this chain of events made me empathize the absolute fear my friend must be feeling.

TWO. While out at an event with women only I overheard a story of absolute disrespect of one woman for her husband and others chimed right in. ALL of them professing to be Christians. This really bothered me as others around them were not. I should have spoke up but did not. I hope I never ever ever disrespect my husband in that manner ever. It is degrading and a terrible thing to do. I hope that in the past if I have complained people realize I was either upset or hurt. I intend to never put him in a bad light even IF I get mad. Of course this does not cover the sarcastic nature of all of us including me, I mean the hurtful putting men in a bad light constantly thing. A little fun and sarcasm is okay with me. I am not professing to be perfect here just witnessed an event I never want to be accused of being like.

ONE.I love my husband he is the perfect person for me and for that I am extremely grateful.

TWO. I am glad my friend with her husband in the hospital did not hear the second situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment